Most of the students seeking admission to our college belong to the rural, backward area. They cannot afford the cost of education. For them we run the hostel.
For accommodation and electricity bill we charge 615/- rupees per year per student. An amount of Rupees 250/- per month per student is charged as boarding charges. To compensate the boarding charges, teaching and non-teaching staff from Swami Ramanand Teerth Mahavidyalaya and Yogeshwari Mahavidyalaya, contribute a fixed amount voluntarily each month. The remaining financial burden is shouldered by our Yogeshwari Education Society. Dignitaries from Marathwada, ex-hostellers and G.C. members now and then visit the hostel and give donations, the amount is used for the different facilities.
For all sided development of hostellers, we arrange various programmes and lectures of learned people from the town. Following are the activities conducted this year in the hostel.
- On 1st August, Death Anniversary of Lokmanya Tilak and Birth Anniversary of Annabhau Sathe was celebrated.
- Independence Day was celebrated on 15th August. The programme was graced by governing council members.
- On 3rd October, Birth Anniversary of Rev. Swami Ramanand Teerth was celebrated.
- This year, the Rector of the hostel and hostellers visited ‘Sevagram Ashram’ at Wardha, on 26thjanuary.
- Students from ‘Earn and Learn Scheme’ cleaned the hostel premises.
- 2nd October was celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti.
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule’s Death Anniversary was celebrated on 28th November.
- ‘Mahaparinirvan Divas’ was celebrated on 6th of December.
- ‘Shivjayanti’ was celebrated on 19th February.
- ‘University Foundation Day’ was celebrated and a talk was arranged on ‘Examination Reforms’.
Remedial Classes for English-
Our students are weak at English. For them, we run English remedial classes free of cost in the Late Principal B.K. Sabnis auditorium. Teachers of English engage classes in the evening throughout the whole year.
A facility of Night Library has been provided to the students.
We have developed a kitchen garden by the hostel’s side—hostellers look after the vegetable and fruit plants. Vegetables produced here are used for the hostel mess.
Rector : Mr. Sonwane Dnyaneshwar / Mr. Babasaheb Sarwade
Telephone : 7588642771 / 9420192172